Why should you optimise your Brand SERP?
There are a multitude of benefits, including
- People get a great impression of your brand when they Google your name
- You improve your brand's digital ecosystem
- You move your marketing strategy to the next level
- Google's perception of your E-A-T (Expertise Authority and Trust) improves, and that helps your SEO efforts
- You learn many of the most important levers, techniques and strategies you'll need for your wider SEO strategy
How is the course structured?
In this series of courses, Jason gives clear, simple instructions for the practical stuff, and clear explanations of the more strategic parts.
Each course thoroughly covers one specific aspect of Brand SERPs over a series of 6 to 12 lessons.
Each lesson consists of a video (between 10 and 30 minutes), plus resources for further learning, and a summary in the form of a list of takeaways.
What courses are available?
- Fundamentals / foundation (available NOW)
- Dealing with sub-optimal / negative content **
- Triggering rich results (making the SERP sexy)**
- The Knowledge Graph (and the knowledge panel) ***
- Content Strategy ***
- Local business ***
** = release date April 2020
*** = coming summer 2020
Your Tutor - Jason Barnard (The Brand SERP Guy)
Jason started optimising sites for Google the year it was incorporated - way back in 1998.
He now speaks at major conferences around the world about using SEO and marketing to leverage Brand SERPs that improve the bottom line for businesses.
Articles, conferences and webinars
Some of the prestigious conferences Jason has spoken at:
Selected articles Jason has published:
- How Google Search Ranking Works – Darwinism in Search (Search Engine Journal)
- Knowledge Graph Algorithm Update Summer 2019 (Search Engine Journal)
- Brand SERPs You Really Should Be Tracking and Improving (SEMrush)
- Advanced Techniques to Be the Featured Snippet: Position 0 — a Guide (SEMrush)
- Practical Techniques to Improve Both Brand and Brand Review SERPs (SEMrush)
- Your brand SERP is your business card and cannot be ignored (SEMrush)
- As a local bricks and mortar business, your brand SERP is your new Homepage (SEMrush)
- The Top 7 Facebook Advertising Hacks of 2020 (with Larry Kim)
- Google Ads for Brand Searches (Weekly Wisdom on SEMrush)
- 5 Hours of SEO | The Hidden Treasures in Your Brand SERP (with Lily Ray, Nik Ranger and Andrea Volpini)